The Keurig K250 is a wonderful single-serving coffee maker. Boasting seven different colors, there is a K250 for everyone. The Keurig K250 comes with the same rapid brew technology found in the rest of the Keurig lineup. This means you can go from K-Cup to brewed cup in less than 60 seconds.
With four different brew sizes from 4-10 ounces and a carafe option ranging from 22-30 ounces, there are plenty of possible sizes for any occasion. A strength control setting lets you brew a bolder cup at the touch of a button. This is perfect for those who prefer stronger coffee.
The device comes with a removable 40 oz. water reservoir and can brew a variety of brew sizes. The water reservoir also comes with a removable water filter handle. This lets you install one of the two included water filters to ensure you’re letting only the purest water into your Keurig.
- A sleek and slim single-serve coffee maker. Includes 4 K-Cup pods, a water filter handle + 2 water filters, and a bottle of descaling solution to help extend the life of your brewer. Dimensions : 13.7 H X 9 W X 15 D inches
- 40 oz. water reservoir allows you to brew 4+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill
- Brews multiple K-Cup pod brew sizes (4, 6, 8, 10 oz.) and brews a Carafe (22, 26, or 30oz) using K-Carafe pods to give you more coffee when you need it (Carafe sold separately)
- Strength Control: A strength control setting allows you to brew a bolder cup using any K-Cup pod brew size
- A black and white touch screen makes it easy to brew a fresh, great tasting cup in under a minute
Last update on 2019-12-13 at 16:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Overall Score: 4.2/5
The Keurig K250 is a standard Keurig, capable of making a quality cup of coffee very quickly. We’ve found that the quality of the cup is on par with the other Keurig machines in today’s model lineup.
The K250 is a great value for the price. It comes fully equipped with the newest Keurig 2.0 technology, expanding the machine’s brewing capacity from single-serving K-Cups to large, 4-cup K-Carafe servings. We think it’s a pretty versatile machine for the price.
The style category is where the Keurig K250 really shines. If you’re tired of the boring black and stainless steel kitchen appliances and yearning for a pop of color, the K250 will not disappoint. It comes standard in several colors, with tantalizing names like Peacock Blue, Sandy Pearl, and Plum Grey.
The K250 is the perfect size for anyone looking for a coffee maker that can fit into a small kitchen. It measures in at 13.6″ tall when closed and 17.6″ when the pod holder is fully open. It can fit under nearly any standard cabinets. The machine has a rather small footprint on your countertop too. It takes up around 8.9″ by 13.8″ of space, making it compact enough to share the counter with your other kitchen appliances.
- Multiple cup sizes – The Keurig K250 is capable of brewing 4, 6, 8, and 10 oz. K-Cup pods as well as 22, 26, and 30 oz. K-Carafe pods give you the ultimate flexibility
- Carafe option – The K250 comes with the ability to brew into a carafe (sold separately) unlocking larger brew volumes for bigger coffee drinkers
- Large water reservoir – The 40 ounce water reservoir is perfectly sized for the one-cup-a-day coffee drinker to only have to refill it once a week
- Plentiful color choices – With over seven color options to choose from, there is a color that will fit every kitchen
- K-Cup lock-in – The Keurig K250 exclusively brews K-Cups and K-Carafe pods, which locks you in to the Keurig coffee offerings
- Fixed water temperature – For those that like to fine-tune their coffee makers, the K250 lacks any temperature adjustment
- No iced coffee mode – Nearly every single-serving coffee maker on the market offers an iced coffee mode these days; unfortunately, the K250 missed the mark on that one
Removable water reservoir
The K250 comes with a removable 40 ounce water reservoir. Even though this may seem like a small thing, if your reservoir is not removable, you have to carry your coffee maker to the sink or refrigerator every time you want to refill it. That’s just plain silly. And Keurig agrees, which is why they made it removable.
In addition to the reservoir being removable, it also has a removable water filter handle that can take a carbon filter to help you get the best water into your cup. We like to use a filter to help protect the inside of the machine.
Go from empty cup to filled up in less than a minute with the Keurig’s rapid brewing technology. Being able to brew in such a short time is one of the main reasons for Keurig’s rise in the single-serving market.
Strong brew mode
For those that like their coffee on the stronger end of the spectrum, Keurig offers a strong mode that enhances the strength of the cup. This setting can be easily activated from the touch screen before brewing. It adds a nice zip to the cup!
Minimalist, slim design
The Keurig K250 is less than 9 inches wide, making it perfect for tight areas and small kitchens. If you’re tight on space, you’ll want to consider the K250 for all of your brewing needs.
The black and white touch screen is very responsive and easy for a person of any age to use. Its 2” profile is large enough to see without being overly complex.
Using the Keurig K250
The Keurig K250 is a very easy coffee maker to use. After following the manufacturer’s initial instructions for preparing the machine, brewing is incredibly easy. Simply place your mug on the drip tray, lift the brew lever, insert a K-Cup pod, pull the lever back down, verify the settings on the touch screen, then press the brew button. Within moments, you’ll begin to smell the tantalizing aroma of freshly brewed coffee.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Cleaning the K250 is quick and easy. A damp, non-abrasive cloth can be used to wipe up dribbles of coffee or other spills. For stuck-on coffee oils, a gentle dish soap can be used.
The Keurig K250 is largely maintenance free. The only major tasks you’ll want to remember are to change the water filter (if you have hard water) and to descale the brewer every three to six months. The instruction for descaling the brewer can be found in the manual.
Keurig K200 vs K250
In the past, we posted a review of the Keurig K200. Many people have asked us: what is the difference between that machine and the K250?
Interestingly, the answer is nothing. These two devices are the exact same machine. Same water reservoir size. Same physical dimensions. Same touch screen. Everything is the same except for the accessories that come with the machine. The Keurig K250 comes with an additional water filter and a small bottle of descaling solution.
So if you have exceptionally hard water or don’t want to purchase your first bottle of descaling solution separately, you will want to go for the K250.
Additionally, Keurig has begun to phase out the K200 in favor of the K250. In fact, they don’t even have the K200 listed in their product lineup on their website any longer. This means that the fun colors that the K200 offered are becoming less and less common. If you’re planning to purchase a new Keurig machine to perfectly match your turquoise kitchen accents, you may have to go for the Keurig K250.
The Keurig K250 is chock full of features without becoming overly complex to operate. The wide range of brew sizes is ideal for anyone who plans to use this coffee maker for anything from single-serving to coffee for groups. The various color options on the K250 allow for a subtle expression of personality in the kitchen. Overall we find the K250 is a great machine for the money without overdoing it on bells and whistles.
Keurig Thermal Carafe – One of the best features of the Keurig K250 is its ability to brew K-Carafe pods. However, the only way to use this functionality is to have a Keurig Carafe. We highly recommend the Keurig Thermal Carafe because it can keep coffee warm for much longer than the standard carafe.
- Now with new packaging!
- 4-Cup Capacity (32 oz. capacity)
- Double -wall stainless steel construction keeps beverages hotter than plastic carafes
- Sensor mechanism keys to brewer and interacts with user interface
- Compatibility: For use with the Keurig 2.0 brewing system only. Product not compatible with Keurig K-Cup, Rivo or Vue brewers.
Last update on 2019-12-13 at 17:42 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Keurig Reusable K-Cup – Often, people want to be able to brew freshly roasted coffee from their local coffee shop at home, but their coffee shop doesn’t sell K-Cups. Lament no more! Keurig offers a reusable K-Cup that can be filled with ground coffee of your choosing and cleaned after use. This opens up a world of new coffees to the discerning coffee drinker!
- The only Keurig approved reusable filter designed for use in all Keurig home Coffee makers
- Make your own gourmet Coffee
- Incudes two fill lines; optimized for cup & Travel mug brew sizes
- Premium, durable construction
- Easy to use & easy to clean.BPA free
Last update on 2019-12-13 at 22:24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Keurig K-Cup Sampler (60 ct.) – If you’re new to Keurig or K-Cups, you may not know where to start when it comes to buying pods. Thankfully, Keurig bundles a bunch of different types of K-Cups into a sampler so you can try a variety of coffees before settling on your favorites.
- INCLUDES: 3 K Cup pods from 20 popular varieties, including Green Mountain Coffee Breakfast Blend, The Original Donut Shop Regular, Newman's Own Organic Special Blend, Caribou Coffee Caribou Blend, Tully's Coffee Italian Roast, and many more
- VARIETY: Sample different coffees and discover your favorites from a wide variety of roasts, flavors, and brands
- COMPATIBILITY: Contains authentic Keurig K Cup pods, engineered for guaranteed quality and compatibility with all Keurig K Cup coffee makers
- PACKAGING: K Cup Pods are not in original packaging and may appear different than in the image
- ROASTS: Includes light, medium, and dark roast coffee as well as Fair Trade and organic varieties
Last update on 2019-12-13 at 16:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API